Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Johor Bahru Horse Riding Adventure


I've always wanted to try horseback riding. One day, I saw this great deal in Groupon.sg: $88 per pax for 1 Day Johor Bahru Horse Riding Adventure with Return Transport and Lunch (Worth $208) courtesy of Constantine Adventure & Travel. I didn't hesitate, I immediately bought the groupon and booked my trip.


What You Get:
  • 300m beginner horse riding experience with coach guidance at private horse ranch
  • Photo taking session
  • Return transport
  • Lunch (local famous abalone + fish maw + noodle soup)
  • Standard local traditional tea break food fare

Since I couldn't get anyone to go with me, I took the trip alone. I was living in Singapore that time, so I just took the bus to Johor Bahru. I went straight to City Square Mall where I met my guide, Felice. I was supposed to have the local famous abalone for lunch, which is included in the package, but I opted not to since I was not hungry that time. So we then drove to Horse Valley Ranch, where I was to get my horse riding lessons.


My horse, Batman...




The ranch was a bit far and I was told you can't access it without bringing your own car because there are no public transportation going to the ranch. When we arrived at the ranch, I was the only student there, so I had the coach to myself. I gotta say, I was a bit scared when I was mounting the horse. After all, it's my first time ever to ride one. It took me a couple of minutes to settle on the horse's back. The coach then taught me the basics like how to handle the reins, how to signal the horse to start walking, as well as how to stop. The whole lesson lasted for about 30 minutes. The coach even got the horse to do a bit of galloping.

I survived my first ever horseback riding experience without falling off the horse (thank God!). I had such a fun time. I'm really happy I took the trip.

    1 comment:

    1. To learn horse riding is becoming ever popular. However, it is very important that proper tuition and instruction is taken from the outset to ensure adequate safety, and full enjoyment of the sport.

      Click Here

      ReplyDelete