Thursday, March 29, 2012

Sky Experience Adventure In Cebu


Long before I planned my trip to Cebu, I've heard of the famous Sky Experience Adventure being offered at Crown Regency Hotel, Cebu. I read a few blog entries by people who have tried it before. So when I was finally inside the Crown Hotel, I couldn't wait to experience my own adventure. We arrived at around 1:30pm in Crown Regency on March 23, 2012. We got the Sky Day Tour for Php 888.

The Sky Day Tour (10am-6pm) package includes:
  • Lunch buffet at Wang Shan Lo
  • One (1) entrance pass to Sky Level
  • One (1) 4D theater show,
  • One (1) Sky Ride (choice between SkyWalk OR Edge Coaster)
  • Free use of swimming pool

We were so hungry, so after buying the tickets, we went straight to Wang Shan Lo Restaurant to have our lunch buffet. We started eating at 1:45pm, and we finished eating at 2:15pm. The food wasn’t impressive. It was a bit bland for my taste actually. I loved the mini brownies and the buko pandan salad for dessert though.



After lunch, we watched the 4D show, "The Lost Island". We were given yellow 4D glasses upon entering the small theater. My verdict: it was quite enjoyable. My first experience watching a 4D show was in Singapore, so I expected at most a mediocre imitation of the one in Singapore, but I was pleasantly surprised when it elicited some squeals and laughter from me during the show. It was my friends’ first time to watch a 4D show so they enjoyed it a lot. The only thing I hated during the show was the noisy kids. Apparently, there was a school tour going on that day. So we were forced to listen to extremely loud and exaggerated screams inside the theater.

After the 4D show, we went up to the Sky Viewing Deck. The view was awesome! The breeze was cool and it felt great on my skin. It's a nice place to relax, and great if you want to take in huge doses of Cebu's skyline.



Since we had one free ride included in the package, I opted for the Sky Walk, while my friends went for the Edge Coaster. According to them, the Coaster was more challenging and exciting than the Sky Walk. So I didn’t have a choice, I went for the Sky Walk alone. Poor me. With my fear of heights, I couldn’t bring myself to try the coaster. It was just too scary for me. I couldn’t even sit on the edge of the platform when I was doing the Sky Walk! But nevertheless, I feel proud of myself that I tried. Our guide for the Sky ride was really nice; he did his best to calm our fears and really accommodated all our questions.

I survived the Sky Walk!

The death defying edge coaster, first in the world

World's first urban sky zip line

After the adrenaline rush from the rides, we relaxed for a little while more in the Sky Viewing deck, just enjoying the view. My friends really enjoyed the edge coaster so much that they wanted to watch the other riders for a bit and relive their short but exciting experience. Cebu's edge coaster is apparently the first in the world, our guide told us. When we've had enough of the view and fresh air, we headed on down to the pools. We didn't bring our swimsuits with us, so we couldn't avail of the free use of swimming pool. The hotel has two swimming pools: the outdoor and indoor pool. The outdoor pool was full of kids, and though it was a bit small, it looked inviting. The indoor pool, on the other hand, was empty at the time.

Indoor swimming pool @ Crown Regency Hotel, Cebu

Outdoor swimming pool @ Crown Regency Hotel, Cebu

After the brief swimming pool tour, we grabbed a bottle of mineral water at a resto inside the hotel (I forgot the name). It was around 6pm and the sky was turning dark when we decided to leave the hotel. We ended our Sky Day Tour clutching our certificates and souvenir photos, tired but happy. To know more about Crown Regency's Sky Experience Adventure rates and schedules, visit their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment